1.6. To Mountain Labs privacy of Personal Data is a very important matter.
2. Mountain Labs will eventually collect information about the behavior of its Users, by means of cookies, tags, web beacons and other methods, such as the information provided by the Users upon registration on the Website.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
a) A cookie is a small text file by which an internet browser may be exclusively identified, and it is usually installed in, sent to or written in the internet users’ computers when they browse an internet website, with the purpose of obtaining automatic information about their behavior when browsing the site. A cookie file generally has the name of the website where it has been transferred, its creation date and an identification code. The only personal information a cookie may contain is information the user himself provides when surfing the internet, such as IP address, visited sites, order of visits, time spent on each site, date and time, etc. (“Activity Information”). A cookie cannot read the User’s hard drive data nor other cookie files created by other websites.
b) A tag is a small image embedded in a website so that the site’s owner or a third party may monitor who is visiting the website, collect his IP, the URL of the site it comes from and the exact moment it was seen there. These tags may be used together with cookies.
c) A Web beacon is an electronic image, also called single-pixel (1 x 1) o transparent pixel that is embedded in a website. A Web beacon has similar uses as cookies, and also measures users’ web traffic patterns. The User accepts that Mountain Labs may use a follow-up system based on Web beacons.
2.1. Mountain Labs usually collects User information in order to improve service quality, by storing User preference data and supervising behavior trends, as in the kind of searches they perform.
2.2. It is possible that a User register at Mountain Labs through his personal account on a social network (“Personal Account”) and enters the Website through it. In that case, the User accepts that Mountain Labs may access the information in his Personal Account that the User accepts to share when registering at Mountain Labs.
3. Also, as part of the Services, Mountain Labs will collect User information by means of cookies, web beacons, and/or tags. The information collected by Mountain Labs may include browsing behavior, IP address, logs and other kind of information. This will be informed by Mountain Labs to the Users, thus obtaining their express or tacit consent. However, Mountain Labs will not collect personal identifiable information in a direct way of any User, neither by cookies nor by tags.
3.1. Mountain Labs will at any time provide information or segmentation analysis services to third parties that are either networks or service providers, who will be able to use the information collected to predict User characteristics, behaviors or preferences, typically used to consequently publish advertising.
4. Mountain Labs' Website (“The Website”) collects contact information of Users and potential Users who requested information or Services from Mountain Labs The identifiable personal contact information collected at the Website will be used to answer those requests or to provide access to the Services through email contact methods. Mountain Labs will not sell, rent or lease any personal information to a third party with promotional purposes or any other purpose, except as established in the present clause. Any person who provides personal contact information through the Website will be able to update, delete and/or correct his personal contact information through the same Website or, if unable to do so, by contacting Mountain Labs personnel at [email protected]. In the event that the correction of the personal information is not successfully accomplished by either of those two means, Users may turn to the corresponding authorities to require said corrections. The information shall be redundantly stored on multiple Amazon server devices across multiple facilities.
6. The information provided by the Users to Mountain Labs and that collected directly by Mountain Labs may be transferred between different ad servers or other internet sites such as search engines and others that may be based in different countries, with different legislations regarding data protection. The use of the Services implies the Users’ authorization of the international transference of information provided by the Users to Mountain Labs and that which Mountain Labs collects directly or on their behalf.
7. Mountain Labs has adopted reasonable security measures to protect the Users’ information and to prevent unauthorized access to their data or any unauthorized modification, dissemination or destruction of that data. The information collected by Mountain Labs will be kept in strict confidence. Access to personal data is restricted to those employees, contractors, representatives and agents of Mountain Labs that need to know said data in order to carry out their functions and develop or enhance the Services. Mountain Labs requires from its suppliers the same confidentiality standards each time they provide Mountain Labs with services related to the Users’ information. Mountain Labs does not disclose this information to third parties outside Mountain Labs., unless expressly requested to do so by the User. Payment transactions are always encrypted.
7.1. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and considering the internet is an open system with public access, Mountain Labs cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties might eventually cross over security barriers and misuse the Users’ information, in which case, Mountain Labs shall not be liable and any data transmitted by Users is at their own risk.
9. Most internet browsers are configured to accept cookies, but the Users may reconfigure their own browser to reject all cookies or to have the system show a notice when one is received. However, if cookies are disabled, it is possible that some characteristics and services of internet websites may not function correctly.
10. Mountain Labs will try by all possible means to facilitate access to personal data to Users from whom it has collected or stored personal information (“Right of Access”), as well as the possibility of rectification, modification or update of the mentioned data (“Right of Rectification”), or even their cancellation (“Right of Removal”), unless Mountain Labs denies a request in case it is obliged or has the right to keep that personal data in accordance with applicable legislation.
a) For this purpose, the User must send a request by email with the subject “Access to Personal Data” to [email protected]. Mountain Labs may require the User to prove his identity, which may be verified by Mountain Labs, and to specify the personal data he wants to access, rectify or remove.
b) Mountain Labs may reject the requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, that require a disproportionated technical effort, that jeopardize the privacy of other Users, or are considered impractical, or for which access to data is unnecessary.
c) Access, rectification and removal of personal data service will be provided by Mountain Labs free of charge, unless it requires an inordinate or non reasonable effort, in which case an administration fee may be charged.